Everyone has different reasons for seeking financial advice, but some of the most common reasons our clients have sought us out centres around major life events. We love hearing their stories and we share their hopes and dreams.
- Young families often want to pay down debt quicker
- Many of our clients want to send their children to private schools and save for possible tertiary education
- Often retirement is on the horizon and they are looking forward to travelling, a few have come to us with plans to buy a campervan and take off for a few months
- A common theme is family – many pre-retirees are cutting back at work to look after their grandchildren and want to make sure they can afford to do this, and spoil the grandchildren as much as possible
- A few clients have come to us stating they want to start a small business so need advice about funding their venture as well as making sure they can afford to give up full time work while they focus on their new business.
As I approached the last 10 years of my working life I knew I had to get my finances, and my spending, under control.
Having run my own private medical practice and being employed in the public hospital system, I was focussed on caring for my patients rather than properly managing my financial affairs.
John helped me to fully explore and understand my particular financial situation in a warm, friendly and clear way.
His deep understanding of the complex Australian superannuation laws enabled him to put a financial plan and investment strategy to me which was tailored to my particular situation, opportunities, needs and life stage.
We have focussed on cash- flow strategies to build savings which have weathered the GFC storm and continued to grow enabling me to be ready to be a self-funded retiree. I grew these savings whilst still enjoying a happy lifestyle which I will continue to enjoy after I retire.
The outcome of John’s financial planning has been wonderful, surpassing all my hopes and expectations.
Aged Care Client
My wife and I are a reasonably fit and healthy couple well into our eighties who until recently have taken no interest in aged care.
After hearing from others that it is a complicated nightmare, I decided to find out for myself and it certainly would be a nightmare if left until the need arises which can happen at very short notice.
I am very pleased that I attended the recent CMS Financial Planning seminar because I am now much more aware of the financial decisions that need to be made when entering an aged care facility and the consideration that should be given to having a suitable financial structure well in advance.
Aged Care Client
Thank you for your most informative presentation on aged care, it certainly was presented with warmth & dignity.
For me, it just re-enforced the journey that I travelled with my husband when we required Nursing home care for him,…. prior knowledge is always helpful……. It is certainly is a minefield.
I certainly would not hesitate in recommending you to friends should they require advice.